Programs & Ministries
2016 Journey of Hearts & Hands
Rock the Mission!
2016 Appeal Results and 2017 Budget
Thank you for supporting the 2016 Journey of Hearts & Hands Appeal. Your continued generosity helps to ensure that important ministries and services in our Diocese receive the resources nessary to enable us to truly Rock the Mission!
Together we raised $1,301,047. With your help, in 2016 we achieved our best results ever in terms of dollars, and the number of pledges (2,844). Since 2010, we have raised $6.9 million, of which $2.24 million has been directly returned to parishes to support local projects. This year, an estimated $605,000 will be returned to parishes, while $696,000 will be used to pay for programs and ministries within the Diocese of Victoria.
The impact of the Appeal is felt throughout the Diocese as your contributions support:
- our children, who continue to receive the best Catholic education available through our Island Catholic Schools that remain in operation with your help;
- our youth, through youth and chaplaincy programs, as they discern their path in life;
- our families, through Faith Formation programs that prepare and spiritually nourish our children, ourselves, and those new to our faith;
- our faithful in struggling communiites and parishes, including First Nations Ministries;
- our clergy, from seminary through retirement; and,
- our parishes, where we gather as a community to share and celebrate Christ's sacrifice and presence on earth.
Thank you again for helping us be the hearts and hands of God's saving mercy and love for people in need. The Lord is our rock and our refuge. In God the Father, we find strength. With Jesus, we minister to our brothers and sisters. Through the Holy Spirit, we offer the best we can: His love and refuge.
Summary Schedule of Appeal Expenses
|i share, we care
Spent in 2016
|Rock the Mission
Budget for 2017
|Parish Share||$ 242,372||$ 605,000|
Programs and Ministries
Total Programs and Ministries
|Total – Appeal Expenses||$ 945,486||$1,301,000|
- * First Nations Ministry – Funding for a downtown Victoria First Nations outreach program; salary, housing and travel costs for two Sisters working with First Nations
- ^ Faith Formation – Portion of salary for priest to serve First Nations on the West Coast
- † Retired Clergy – Stipend to an Elder to provide services, travel costs for priest
- ∆ Youth Ministry – Portion of a salary for a priest and funds for operating costs
- School, Parish and Other Support
- Priests, Lay Personnel Subsidies
- Faith Formation
- Youth Ministry
- First Nations Ministry
- Direct Appeal Costs