Roots of Reconciliation is a four day workshop facilitated by the team from Returning to Spirit©, an Indigenous-led non-profit organization which has been delivering experiential reconciliation workshops since 2001. The insights developed during the workshop create space for participants to discover how previously-held behaviours, judgements, assumptions or perceptions have kept them stuck in a disempowering story.
This workshop in Victoria, BC is open to those who are over 18 and identify as Indigenous. The material at the workshop will be same as that covered at the non-Indigenous session being held May 16-19. By having separate sessions, the facilitators and participants can better focus on the different lived realities of each group. All Roots of Reconciliation workshop participants will be invited to register in the Advancing Reconciliation workshop scheduled for June 27 - 30, 2022.
Each day of the workshop will run from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. Registration is by donation; please note that accommodation and transportation for participants are not included in registration. For more information and to register, visit https://www.returningtospirit.org/workshopcalendar/roots-of-reconciliation-indigenous-2
Here is what recent participants of the Indigenous workshop have to share:
- Trust that this opportunity has found you for a reason - you don't need to know what the reason is - all you need is a willingness to explore
- Take a moment and check this out. You can always go back to where you were.
- Put in the work and you'll be guaranteed to make breakthroughs that lead to better communication, relationships, and allow our children to be children! Nora M
- Do it for you. Believe in yourself.
- The workshop can be transforming and is transforming. It's up to self and the work you are willing to do. It's amazing to me that an "event" has for me created such a story. I held on to such pain, anger, hurt but I am responsible for how long I kept and nurtured it. The work of "letting it go" takes energy, creates space for new energy. It's up to me as to what I replace it with.
- Taking the first step to join the Returning to Spirit workshop filled me with fear. Fear of talking of the past that I experienced hurts. But the facilitators understood what I was feeling and ran the workshop where I felt supported and cared for. So that I could work through and gain skills to help me in my life events.
- I would highly recommend the experience. I learned stuff about myself that was hindering a full positive life. I now have the tools that will help me to a better life. Patti-Anne F
- Get past fear. You won't know till you try. Do it. Dorothy G
- I would completely recommend this program. It does miracles in helping you add tools to your toolbox of how to find yourself and how to change for a healthier outlook of your own life. Plus, the interaction with others