News from the Chancery is published each week to share information and upcoming events with the people of the Diocese of Victoria. We have 6 items to share with you this week:
1) Bishop Gary Gordon has written a letter to the people of the Diocese of Victoria on the occasion of the World Day of the Poor, which falls this year on Sunday, November 19. The letter may be read online at https://www.rcdvictoria.org/news/bishop-gary-gordons-message-for-the-world-day-of-the-poor-2023.
2) The Bishop’s Appeal, Tapestry of Faith, is still accepting 2023 donations. Please consider making a financial commitment to the Bishop’s Annual Appeal. Not only are you helping our parish, but you are making a real difference to our greater Diocesan faith community, our religious leaders, and Local Mission Parishes. Donations may be made on-line at: https://www.rcdvictoria.org/bishops-appeal
3) The CCCB Office for Family & Life is pleased to share a recording of the webinar “Concrete Ways to Renew Practices in Family Holiness". The webinar, which was offered in June of this year, featured Msgr. Philippe Bordeyne, President of the Pontifical John Paul II Theological Institute for Marriage and Family Sciences in Rome. The recording can be viewed on the CCCB YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsBidBUhtU. To access the PDF file of the slides used by Msgr. Bordeyne during his presentation, please visit https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LYDtOKNYWQaNzltDAW5L9hq_WvZwNMhH.
4) The Office for Family & Life also invites you to subscribe to All Things New, a quarterly e-news publication which is intended to, in the words of Pope Francis, "highlight family love as a vocation and as a way of holiness, so as to understand and share the profound and salvific meaning of family relationships in daily life.” To subscribe, please visit https://mailchi.mp/82052302a242/5s5psm4psb .
5) Bishop Robert Barron’s video series “The Mass” is now available online. The series was developed to help Catholics understand how to fully, consciously, and actively participate in the source and summit of the Christian life. To view the series, please visit https://videos.wordonfire.org/themassepisode1.
6) The Diocese is pleased to offer opportunities to deepen and develop in your faith. All of these events are free, and open to anyone in the Diocese. For questions about these events, or assistance in registering, please email email@example.com or call 250-479-1331 ext 227.
- Saturday, November 25 is the date for our annual Diocesan Faith Day - this year's theme is “Serving with Spirit: Transformation from the Inside out”. Join us for a day of learning in community with our guest speaker, Catholic speaker and author Leah Perault, as we consider how the Holy Spirit leads us within a changing church and world. The Faith Day will be held from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm at St. Edward’s Church in Duncan. For more information and to register please visit https://DioConferenceServewithSpirit.eventbrite.com
- On January 5 & 6 2024, the Diocesan liturgical conference “The Epiphany of the Liturgy: Welcoming the Closeness of God” will be held at St. Joseph the Worker Church in Victoria. This conference is an opportunity to enter into a richer experience of the Trinity in our Eucharistic Celebrations, and will be valuable both for those who serve in liturgical ministries and those who participate in the assembly. The presenters will be Dr. Glenn Byer and Dr. David Pitt, liturgical and musical educators at Catholic colleges in the U.S. The workshop will run Friday, January 5 from 7 - 9:30 pm and Saturday, January 6 from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. For more information and to register please visit https://EpiphanyLiturgyConference.eventbrite.com