The Diocesan Messenger magazine is published three times per year, in keeping with the liturgical calendar:
- Ordinary Time
In addition, an Annual Report is published each year.
The Diocesan Messenger is a full-colour publication with a circulation of 5,000, and is provided free of charge to all readers. The magazine is available in parishes and on line.
Contact the Editor
March 11, 2019
August 6, 2019
October 28, 2019
Articles should be no more than 400 words, unless directed differently by the Editor. To suggest a feature article (700 words maximum), please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Submission
- Articles should be submitted in Word or Pages via email to email@example.com. We cannot guarantee return of any article or photograph; only those authors whose work is accepted will be contacted.
- Photographs should not be embedded in any Word or Pages document. Please send them separately.
- Photographs should be high resolution (more than 1MB file size) and information about the photo credit must be provided.
- Use single-spaced paragraphs with no indentation at the beginning of any paragraph.
- A byline must be provided, with title if appropriate.
- e.g., by Redfern Spindleshanks, Chair, Parish Council
- Letters to the Editor are not printed.
- For the most part, the Canadian Press Style Guide applies, with the following particulars or exceptions:
- The Oxford comma should be used.
- There should be one space, not two, following punctuation.
- Single quote marks are used for identifying an unusual word, phrase or expression; punctuation is placed outside the quote marks.
- Double quote marks are used to denote a quote or conversation; the quote should be preceded by a comma, and end punctutation is placed inside the quote.
- Do not use underlining or bold type anywhere in the heading or body of your article.
- Use italics for emphasis within the body of an article.
- Foreign words or phrases are printed in italics only the first time the word or phrase occurs. Thereafter, the word or phrase is in regular font.
- Italics are used for the titles of books, movies, songs, and other copyright materials.
The Diocesan Messenger magazine is published three times annually (Spring, Fall, Winter), with an additional Annual Report published in June.
Deadlines for Advertising are the same as for article submission.
- The Diocesan Messenger Magazine is a full-colour publication, thus all advertisements should be provided in colour.
- Circulation is 5,000, and the magazine is also available on the website. Clickable links to the advertiser's website from the online version are available at a cost of $25 per advertisement.
- A 10% discount is offered for advertisers who commit to a full year of insertions; as well, clickable links are provided at no cost.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to approve advertisements prior to accepting them for insertion in the Diocesan Messenger Magazine.
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am showing a demo to Stephan
Tell The Reader More
The headline and subheader tells us what you're offering, and the form header closes the deal. Over here you can explain why your offer is so great it's worth filling out a form for.
- Bullets are great
- For spelling out benefits and
- Turning visitors into leads.
Accoradtion Demo. One of the best ways you can learn about the Catholic Faith is to contact a Catholic parish near you to let them know that you are interested in learning more about the Faith. You can also explore an Overview of Catholic Teaching on our website, or consult the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
One of the best ways you can learn about the Catholic Faith is to contact a Catholic parish near you to let them know that you are interested in learning more about the Faith. You can also explore an Overview of Catholic Teaching on our website, or consult the Catechism of the Catholic Church.