As we look to the future and the pastoral ministry challenges we face in the Church and in our Diocese, we are invited as people of God to embrace the poverty and the graces of our reality. We recognize the pressing need to move towards a model of collaborative and shared ministry.
To that end, Bishop Gary Gordon has, in consultation with the Priest Personnel Committee, made the following pastoral appointments and ministry changes:
Effective July 15, 2019
- Fr. Dean Henderson, in addition to serving as Pastor of St. Rose of Lima Parish in Sooke, is also appointed Pastor of Our Lady of the Rosary Parish in Langford.
- Fr. David Hogman, is appointed Pastor of Christ the King Parish in Courtenay/Comox.
- Fr. Alfredo Monacelli, in addition to serving as Pastor of St. Joseph the Worker Parish in Victoria, is appointed Pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Victoria.
- Fr. Eduardo Santos, in addition to serving as Pastor of Our Lady of Fatima Parish, with additional responsibility for the Latin-American community in Victoria, is appointed Bishop’s Delegate and Chaplain to St. Andrew’s Regional High School.
Effective August 1, 2019
- Fr. Roger Poblete, is appointed Pastor of St. Ann’s Parish in Duncan, and Assistant Priest at St. Francis Xavier in Mill Bay.
- Fr. Devane Sam, is appointed Assistant Priest at St. Andrew’s Cathedral.
- Sr. Lilia Semeniego RVM and Sr. Janet Bayron RVM are appointed Pastoral Administrators of Holy Family Parish in Ucluelet, St. Francis of Assisi Parish in Tofino, and St. Lawrence Parish in Ahousaht.
- Fr. Michael Tran, is appointed Assistant Priest at Our Lady of the Rosary Parish in Langford, and St. Rose of Lima Parish in Sooke.
Other Pastoral Ministry changes:
- Fr. Marek Paczka SDS, a member of the Salvatorian community, has been reassigned by his Religious Superior to a new mission assignment in Zambia, Africa.
- Fr. Pawel Szczur SDS, a member of the Salvatorian community, has been reassigned by his Religious Superior to Holy Cross Parish in Burnaby, BC.
- Fr. Harrison Ayre, in addition to serving as Pastor of Holy Family/Notre Dame Parish in Port Alberni, has been granted permission to pursue on-line Graduate Doctoral Studies.
- Bishop Gary Gordon, in addition to his responsibility for the pastoral needs of the whole Diocese, will continue to Pastor St. Peter’s Parish in Nanaimo, and Our Lady of Victory on Gabriola Island for the time being.
The Bishop and Personnel Committee continue to discern the options for care and sacramental priestly ministry pertaining to St. Peter’s Parish in Nanaimo, the West Coast Communities, the North Island Parish Communities, the Polish Community, and the University/College Chaplaincy.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers for the ongoing pastoral needs of the Diocese of Victoria.